WRAM - We dedicate our hearts,minds and bodies to protecting our great Republic!
Warning orders give subordinates advance notice of upcoming operations.
This gives them time to prepare. A warning order may be brief, but must be complete
WARNING ORDER ___08-10-12__
Elements of the Southern California State Militia will be meeting
for a Field Training Exercise (FTX) Friday 10-12 Mojave
Troops will begin arriving at 1600hrs for training. Training will include instruction on
operations orders, Night navigation, movement techniques, reconnaissance and combat patrolling techniques. Chow and foxhole, Saturday morning we will begin with a D&C, Movement techniques. Navagation, Repelling, First aid, Knife sharpening and knife fighting techniques, Following the instruction platoons / squads will form to conduct a reconnaissance / combat patrol in the Mojave training area
a. Concept of Operation.
Participants in the training will form into a squad/platoon formation to conduct an area reconnaissance patrol in and around Mojave Assembly Area. The patrol will focus on tactically crossing danger areas, establishing a patrol base / observation point (OP) and utilizing cover and concealment to mask movement and conduct a hasty ambush
b. Tasks to Maneuver Units.
1. The patrol will utilize the techniques outlined in previous exercises to cross danger areas, tactically move as a squad/platoon to a designated location and establish an OP, patrols will each employ a hasty ambush at some point during training day
2. Patrol Leaders will rotate the duties of patrol members periodically during the patrol to ensure that all participants get a chance to experience various positions
3. Plt Sgts /Sqd Ldrs will use this opportunity to refine squad SOP’s
4. Each member of the patrol will carry an emergency contact data
card in the right hand pocket of their shirt
5. Visitors to the FTX are welcome but need check in with the S-2 NCO
prior to training with the SCSM
c. Tasks to Combat Support Units.
The Training NCO, Sgt Gonzalas, will be the primary instructors for this block of instruction. The Sgt will accompany the patrol offering
observation and field instruction
d. Coordinating Instructions.
• Load Bearing Equipment w/ water system
(bladder or canteen)
• Pen and Paper
• Camouflage stick or paste
4. SERVICE SUPPORT.
1. Participants bring a noon meal and ensure their water system (bladder or canteen) is full prior to training
5. COMMAND AND SIGNAL.
• Normal Squad SOP’s are in effect for each platoon
• Challenge and password will be issued to each platoon
prior to the FTX
• Platoon Sergeants will each provide a radio and radio frequency to be used to the S-2 NCO prior to patrols departure
Directions to FTX take 14 towards Mojave, look for 58, stay on 14. At that point it is 13.5 miles to Pine Tree Canyon Rd. turn left on to dirt road. Go 2.3 miles or until you see black large pipe and bridge, turn right at first right after bridge. Go 1.2 miles to FTX 35°14'56.85"N 118° 5'15.84"W.