WRAM - We dedicate our hearts,minds and bodies to protecting our great Republic!
Per the Constitution, every abled bodied male ranging in age from 17 to 47. (subject to varience due to respective State Constitutions)
Every State, has a few Militias. Some of course have more than others. Some have no choice but refer to themselves by another term due to their State Constitution.
Some units are well organized, while others are just now forming and looking for guidence.
As extablished Militia, we should be offering assistance to our fellow units.
Here's the meat of this post...
Most of the units that have already exstablished themselves (*note* key word being "Most"), have their membership spead thin, in regards to the AO they claim to cover.
Lets face fact here folks. If a State wide unit has 1,000 members, but they are covering the entire State, how effective are they gonna be? (1,000 members is being extremely generous)
We also need to regain focus of the purpose of the Militia. Yes, you're absolutely right, we're here to defend against tyranny at whatever level it presents itself, however, at whos authority? Are your neighbors aware of your unit? Are they involved? Have you taken the time to speak with local law enforcement about your units capability to aid?
I have heard a million times or better, Patriots say "I will put my life on the line for my family", or "I will give my life for this Country and Freedom". I ask this one simple question Patriots... If indeed you will when necessary, why do you refuse to organize while it's easy? How can anyone make a statement about being ready to do this or ready to do that, when they don't even know their neighbor?
Military is paid. They have families yes. Their fight has them focussed on the security of one another, not necessarrily what's happening at home.
Militia on the other hand, is right here at home and if activated, who is protecting our families durring the fight?
Will end there and continue in comments if need be.
Militia is the Community defense force, or teeth against unwanted outside interference. If I'm the only "Militia member" that resides in this Commnity, then exactly how can I remotely say we're ready for whatever?
"I live in a liberal town"..... Cool, I guess you've got nothing to worry about because for whatever reason you think a political view makes one immune to tyranny......?
Tools of division, we all preach about it, but we still allow them to keep us divided...
Once your home is secure, talk to your neighbor. Now that you both have your homes secure in combined effort, branch out from there... Get you street involved. Eventually your Community will be on board.
Ranting on websites does nothing in our efforts, nor will it assist you in yours.
Very Good Advice!!
I find there are more that will talk a good game then walk the game the reasons are obvious to me, i will list them!
1. this is the biggest one to,,,, FEAR, afraid the feds will get them and or the areas population will think they are wakos if they were to try and get units going!!
2. This is another problemactic area,,, message,,,, to many think running around talking of war and conspiracy theories are going to get people moving,, WRONG,,, the message should be a polite and courteous discussion about protecting rights and community service, the rest just falls in line from there!! Even MOST,, NOT ALL, LEOs like that message! We should be legitimizing our rights as the 2nd amendment provides,, to many think the Militia is for the Military or National gaurd, most Americans think the 2A is about being able to own guns!! They have no idea that the whole 2A is a God givin right!!
3. LACK OF PARTICAPATION!!!! Once many get involved they dont want to go to the meetups or the FTXs,, being in the Militia means that you must be willing to attend the meetups and recruit others by those meetups or other means and being regimented through the FTXs!! Thus the term WELL REGULATED MILITIA!! Setting up units to carry out Article 1 Of the National Militia Standards is a must!!
National Militia Standards, Article.1:
It is the duty of the citizen’s militia to protect and defend the unalienable Rights of all members of the community. Under no circumstances will the militia tolerate those who advocate acts of criminal violence, terrorism, racism or a changeaway from our republican form of government; nor will it support any specific political party or candidate, nor espouse any particular religious denomination or doctrine. All members must understand the duties and obligation of both citizens and government under the Constitution.
Our founders didnt say in our 2A that you have a right to a religious or political or even a racial Militia,, they clearly stated A WELL REGULATED MILITIA and there are boundaries they must serve in faithfully for the benifit of the community not ones special interest!!
4. To many think they need to be the big leader and cause arguements when their need to serve their pride doesnt get fulfilled!! They want to quit and cause problems for the others in the group! Good units dont do this,, it is obvious when someone has what it takes to get the job done no matter what that job would be, from cooking to leading,, our job is to find the best and bring them to the top so the unit is as strong as it can be!! State wide atonomy should always remain in tact to!! Some think that State control is the way to be,, here again bolstering that ego,, Atonomous units are the answer here!! State heads can be sought out and destroyed easily,, atonomous group have their own command and that isnt easy to find several hundred commands than a hand ful,, besides, units dont need someone poking into their business in their areas,, each command should lead itself and respect for the area commander should always be obeyed!
NOW,, in closing i want to say this!! I didnt write this up to butthurt anyone in this site,, i want to make that clear!! I posted this so some here can look into what im saying along with Equilizers post and use the material to help them along!! If you get butthurt reading this post then its time for you to go in front of the mirror and have a good sit down with youself and ask your self HONESTLY WHY you got butthurt on this!! Thank you all for hearing me out!!
To put it plainly, in ANY emergency (natural, political,economic etc)
our unit acts together. (Hence the term unit) Our goals are included in our drills and any opords.
1) Secure our families (in well stocked/defended homesteads)
2) Secure our communities (Elimination of threats in our AO)
3) Secure the rule of law and Constitution in our State (within the limits above)
4) Secure the Nation from enemies (foreign and domestic)
Keep it simple and folks understand, even locals who are not preppers,militia, patriots.
Thanks Sandman!!! ,: )
Very well spoken brother
There's not much I can think of to add to your post Brother!
Brothers of different Mothers...
Hearts and minds will win the battle.
Amen Brothers Amen!
No doubt Brother!
That is meaningful and righteous in my opinion. Cell Command and Leaderless Organization Structure can not be overemphasized. When you boil all of the work done to become the victor during WWs I and II you will discover that they were both won by the individual actions of small units thinking on their feet and reacting to the situation at any given time. There are plenty of High Priority Missions available for everyone so no need to squabble. I do have concerns over the numbers and locations of units within my state. Seems to me it is mighty thin. Then there is the issue of my age. Cut off at 47 if by law then I can not "Legally" be an active member of a Militia? I do not know the answers so for the present recruiting efforts on my part will be to make referrals, talk to my Sheriff, try to engage the members of my extended family, and continue to develop my alert roster in the hopes that if they are needed they can at least be prepared , organized and brought together to respond as required. Our local Sheriff, Athens County , Ohio, has gone out of his way to offer and promote CCW training by his office and his officers. He is also providing Law Enforcement Familiarization/Indoctrination to groups of "any age" where the functions , tactics, procedures of the LEO are learned. He has put together an advocacy group of Seniors who advise his office on issues relative to Senior Citizens within his jurisdiction. These are all avenues of potential unity that should be exploited by any Militia member who has the ability to participate. Needless to say they are a priority for me. Other than building my own supplies of bullets, band aides, and beans what else may I do?
Sheriff Kelly is doing a great job, along with his Deputies! FYI, Ohio Constitution states, 17 - 67... I'm not exactly sure but, my opinion would be that at 68 years of age, the State no longer requires you to be counted, however, I'm certain you would be legal.